Are you interested in applying your design skills for good? Developing online, video, print and branding work for a variety of clients? Working with an agile and dynamic digital/creative team? In an independent agency in the heart of all that is DC? Do you have a good book and real-world experience applying your design and creative skills? Then let us know! We’re growing and looking to fill an entry-level graphic design position.
A week for a Jr. Designer at Hager Sharp could include developing logos and graphics for a new client initiative, resizing print and digital ads under the guidance of a senior designer, converting a multi-page printed piece into an interactive digital piece for a health client, working with a copywriter to develop an ad for a foundation client, working on a PowerPoint presentation for an education client, collecting and flight checking files for release to GPO, working with a video editor to develop graphics for a PSA, retouching photography and creating carousel cards for a website, working with account team members to develop infographics for a safety client, laying out and creating graphics for a new business proposal, or even working with the production director to develop environmental branding for a conference—all while being an all-around nice person and participating as much as possible in the Hager Sharp culture.
Position Reports To:
- Graphic design experience (marketing/communications industry internships and/or f/t)
- Exceptional portfolio
- Experience designing for print and digital mediums, from concept to execution
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Familiarity with HTML & CSS/style sheets
- Experience concepting and working with copywriters and other creative partners
- Impeccable file management
- Experience balancing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Quick-learner and self-starter with a positive attitude and an eye for details
- Bachelor’s Degree in a design or related field
- Illustration and/or photography skills a plus
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit the Hager Sharp website and click on Careers. Please include a link to your portfolio with your submission.