2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U’s No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes.
As a member of 2U’s full-service creative team, the junior copywriter will work closely with other writers, designers and marketing managers to develop creative copy for 2U’s partner programs. Junior copywriters craft compelling messaging for diverse audiences under the supervision of a copy manager.
The creative team is a collection of highly energetic and ambitious individuals who are dedicated to producing the highest quality marketing communications. As a busy department within 2U’s larger marketing team, the creative team is responsible for producing all creative assets across the company.
Junior Copywriter Responsibilities:
- Write short- and long-form copy across media, including display and print advertising, direct mail/direct response, email marketing, print collateral, websites, etc.
- Create original, persuasive copy that promotes 2U’s partner programs’ unique benefits.
- Maintain identities and learn marketing strategies for multiple partner programs.
- Work closely with marketing stakeholders to implement creative strategies under supervision of a manager.
- Work across a range of simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines.
- Proofread and edit marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling and grammar.
- Translate complex concepts into clear, concise and reader-friendly copy.
- Provide feedback into creative briefs and contribute ideas to the creative process.
Position Reports To:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-3 years experience
- Must have experience across marketing tactics outlined above
- Ability to write both display copy (advertising headlines) and long-format materials (email campaigns)
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Must have strong proofreading skills
- Must have knowledge of AP and Chicago style
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office