A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to engage a Graphic Designer in a temporary position that will offer full-time work hours and a firm weekly pay rate through the end of September 2019.
The Graphic Designer will design be involved in the design and production of a wide variety of materials for the hiring organization's Marketing, Communications & Events department — including, but not limited to: traditional marketing collateral; online and offline policy materials for regional and national events; interactive products that will be used for event promotion; and other general organizational materials. The Marketing, Communications & Events team is a robust and well organized group.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is recruiting for this position at the request of the hiring organization — a group we have supported on an annual basis, on a wide variety of hiring efforts for more than ten years. We typically post salary and rate ranges in public-facing job descriptions (see below), but we do not typically include employer names. If you are interested in applying for this position, we hope you will allow us to represent you, rather than working independently to identify the hiring organization so that you can inquire with them directly.
* Participate in project launch meetings with internal clients and project managers by processing clients' lists of needs and articulating creative vision for projects.
* Deliver exciting and fresh designs to clients while meeting the organization's brand guidelines and style guide requirements.
* Communicate regularly with traffic coordinator and project managers to meet design and production deadlines before final delivery of projects.
* Work with print and/or other vendors when needed to ensure proper file delivery.
* Organize project files within file management systems and actively participate in project management database to ensure up-to-date information.
* Other duties as assigned.
Position Reports To:
Full-time, on-site temporary assignment through at least the end of September 2019
* Experienced, mid-level graphic designer with at least three years of consistent, relevant, professional experience working in a corporate, non-profit or creative agency setting.
* An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university is a plus. A concentration of studies in graphic design, visual arts or communications is desirable.
* Excellent typography skills.
* Demonstrable experience designing and laying out print-oriented materials and digital marketing products such as graphics-rich e-mails.
* Deep and recent experience working regularly in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Experience with UX/UI is a plus, especially knowledge of prototyping tools (preferably Adobe XD), user testing software (preferably Google Analytics, UserTesting) and the LEAN process. This includes the ability to gather and evaluate user requirements.
* Comfortable interfacing in non-design applications such as Microsoft Office is a plus.
* Experience working in/around Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
* The ability to manage time and priorities effectively and multi-task among multiple projects and competing deadlines.
* Well developed communications and presentation skills, that will help you work efficiently with internal clients who aren't designers.
* The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Experience seeing projects through from concept through to delivery.
* Able to receive creative feedback and criticism constructively and remain flexible to changing client needs.
* Must have knowledge of file deliverables to print vendors, social media, web and email.
* A passion for the hiring organization's mission is not critical, but it is definitely a plus.
How to Apply:
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.