United Planning Organization (UPO) is the designated Community Action Agency for Washington, DC, helping people lift themselves out of poverty. Our Vision for the future is “A city of thriving communities and self-sufficient residents”; our Mission is “Uniting People with Opportunities.”
Responsible for graphic print designs, web design and social media outreach for UPO program and services. Be the keeper of the brand look and feel to ensure all creative is consistent across all channels and lives up to the highest quality of UPO’s visual standards. You must measure effectiveness of print and digital outreach and modify outreach procedures as necessary to ensure high volume of engagement with internal and external audiences.
- Create high-end quality concept and graphic design work in a fast-paced environment to meet multiple deadlines and UPO Division Directors’ expectations for creativity, quality, and accuracy.
- Make recommendations for improvements and enhancements of UPO marketing communications collateral, both offline and online, to drive optimal usability, interactivity and brand awareness.
- Develop/design recommendations when approved quickly and efficiently.
- Use project management skills to develop, execute and manage specific communications creative solutions to website pages, brochures, newsletters, signage and other marketing materials and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate hands-on skills in the latest Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, SharePoint and Dreamweaver.
- Develop graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments that adapt and flow across multiple platforms and many uses.
- Guide social media efforts, including developing graphic design concepts.
- Develop fresh concepts, graphic designs, and work with writer on copy for online and offline communications materials including videos, photo stories, emails, internal and external newsletters, and brand campaigns.
- Create photo galleries and photo features pegged to news and general coverage areas. Optimize photos for web, silhouetting and compositing images.
- Develop digital marketing communications strategies and tactical execution across UPO divisions.
- Ensure integration across digital channels and touchpoints, including websites (XD), social media, email marketing, content marketing, digital advertising, mobile and search engine marketing.
- Proficiency with one or more social and digital media analytics, listening, and engagement tools such as Radian6 Visible Technologies, HootSuite, and/or BuddyMedia.
- Design, drive and advise on overall email strategy; manage email lists, customer segmentation and email targeting; track and report the performance of email campaigns to the organization.
- Utilize monitoring and analytics tools such as Google Analytics; provide insight and analysis on trends; monitor and analyze use of social media sites (ex. Facebook pages, Twitter).
- Collaborate to set up/maintain unique tracking URLs for all campaigns and appropriate other online, social media and mobile activities.
- Evaluate, analyze, and recommend third-party tracking solutions to improve online media conversion.
Director of Development and Communications
This position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement of the CWA union.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years progressive experience in print and digital media creation and dissemination. Strong HTML and CSS coding skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills, and demonstrated organizational effectiveness skills; i.e., ability to develop professional presentations (Power Point), other marketing materials and internal templates. Persuasive communication and presentation skills (written/verbal).
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Solid writing, editing, project management, and communication skills are a must, as well as a sharp eye for detail.
- Proven success managing and flawlessly implementing client requests.
- Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must posses valid driver’s license and have personal transportation.
- Available to work mornings, evenings, and some weekends as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years progressive experience.
- Proven ability to manage outside vendors and partners.
- Connections to media outlets (print, radio, television in DC region.
In the event that an offer is extended, you will be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug screening, a criminal background check and/or FBI fingerprinting, as applicable for the position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com