LMO is a marketing agency with a lot of capabilities, but one true focus: the challenger brand. If what you’re looking for is a mission statement, let it be that LMO is here to foster greatness by empowering our people and our clients, to inspire a challenger mindset, and to apply creativity in all that we do.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a new Media Director to lead our Clients and Staff from our Arlington, Virginia office.
• Lead the Media department within the agency while coaching and professionally developing staff.
• Lead, develop and build strong professional relationships with Clients and Partners.
• Manage and Supervise agency teams responsible for researching, planning, buying and optimizing digital, social, mobile, search, traditional and experiential media.
• Manage the development of key consumer insights gleaned from primary and secondary research sources; actively contribute to original thinking and problem solving.
• Develop and administer department budget: salaries, media research source materials costs, training opportunities.
• Possess a deep understanding of the current media landscape, including digital media and technological advances within the media space.
• Work with account management, client and media team to develop sound strategic direction for all agency clients, taking a holistic view of each client’s account.
• Stimulate and challenge media planners and buyers to keep producing innovative and effective solutions for our clients; ensure they are knowledgeable about the digital media landscape and technological advances and can confidently present and sell media ideas.
• Ensure appropriate KPIs are established with agency clients, that media is tracked, and strive to deliver improved results.
• Seek new business opportunities and support agency new business efforts with innovative strategy, media plans and tactics.
• Proactively re-evaluate our workflow, tools, technology and processes, and suggest improvements to optimize our overall efficiency and quality of work.
• Anticipate, identify, and onboard Media resources when additional resources are needed to meet agency workflow projections, goals and deadlines.
• Identify areas of opportunity, improvement and advancement develop appropriate business cases to support.
• Develop plans in response to shifts in the market and focus areas for the organization.
• Represent the agency at industry events, and secure speaking engagements to further agency exposure to external audiences.
• Review and approve media plans and recommendations, as needed.
• Promote team communication.
Position Reports To:
At LMO, we believe in building a culture of people who share the same challenger mindset, who relish in the impossible because challenges are opportunities to do our best work. Candidates should demonstrate the following core values:
Boldness – be confident, be unafraid, take risks.
Drive – know your purpose, embrace your work, get it done.
Commitment – do it, or don’t—your word is everything.
Agility – be open and responsive to change.
Accountability – it’s not only what you do, it’s what you don’t do.
Collaboration – goals over roles. Selflessness – opportunities increase when you help others win.
Integrity – do the right thing at all times and in all circumstances.
If this is you, and you have 10+ years of Agency experience in a supervisory role and are experienced across all media channels we want to hear from you.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your resume to MediaDirector@lmo.com.