We need a Senior Designer to join our team of AWESOMAKERS at ICF.
It’s time to love where you work, love what you do, and make a difference. As a senior web designer at ICF, you’ll support public- and private-sector clients who tackle issues like HIV/AIDS, disaster preparedness, human trafficking, climate change, child welfare, and more. You’ll collaborate with UI/UX experts and digital strategy gurus to create low- and high-fidelity wireframes and mockups that are the backbone to solid content and sensible function.
In this amazing team, innovative ideas and creativity are always encouraged. Free shuttle from the Metro, onsite happy hours, and continual learning opportunities are just some of the perks of joining ICF. Find out what we’re up to at icfhumblebrag.com. This position is based in Fairfax, VA, with the possibility of working one or two days a week at a client site in Washington, DC.
– Lead and design a wide variety of creative work, including branding campaigns, advertising campaigns, and high-visibility web sites.
– Work with project managers from across the company to identify creative approaches and consult with clients to find the best solution that is on message and brings fresh thinking to the work.
– Collaborate with copywriters and editors to ensure content integrates with the visual approach.
– Mentor and foster development of junior members of the creative team.
Position Reports To:
Associate Creative Director
The Must Haves:
– Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field.
– 6+ years of graphic design experience.
– A digital portfolio that showcases the variety of web projects you’ve contributed to.
– Basic understanding of UI/UX principles and best practices with portfolio examples of wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
– Proficient with prototyping tools such as Sketch or InVision and experience working in social media platforms.
– Experience developing responsive web sites and web apps using HTML5, CSS3, and Bootstrap for framework.
– Strong understanding of designing and demonstrating micro-interactions.
– High level of skill and speed using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop,Illustrator, Acrobat) for creating web designs and photo manipulation.
The Nice to Haves:
– Skill working with web development teams and directing the design process while understanding the technology and front-end development.
– Experience designing native apps for iOS and Android.
– Up to date with current trends in web design, web tools, and social media integration.
– Familiarity with InDesign and the ability to work in non-web mediums, including broadcast and print.
What makes you awesome:
– Self-motivated and able to work independently but keep senior creative team leaders updated and have work reviewed.
– Maintain a low error rate in implementing feedback and copy edits from creative staff, internal project managers, and clients.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to succinctly and effectively present creative to clients.
– Highly organized, with strong workload prioritization and management.
How to Apply: