A successful Washington, DC advertising agency is looking for their next creative star. You’ll need to have a unique skillset that allows you to translate client feedback into creative copy that wins awards. Having a deep understanding of how to use psychology legally, ethically, and respectfully to attract and engage consumers, and compel them to buy, is highly desirable.
So is the ability to interpret customer data and use it to inform the creative process.
This position spends roughly 65 to 75% of its time on copy writing and audio production for radio commercials, and the other 25% in the development of TV concepts and scripts, as well as oversees (manages) third party video production partners to deliver compelling TV commercials for our clients.
It would be highly desirable if the potential candidate also had a basic understanding of visual design and could perform basic editing or design tasks using Adobe’s Creative Suite.
The ideal candidate should be able to use their understanding of marketing strategy and creativity to champion idea innovation and to push beyond the expected. You should be equally adept at brainstorming big-picture/blue-sky ideas and crafting detailed, in-depth feature and benefits based commercial copy.
- Work as a creative thought-leader and brand storyteller, bringing refreshing ideas for projects of all sizes, especially as it pertains to commercial production.
- Utilize your talents with a specific focus on writing and the creation of content for audio, video, and web pieces.
- Maintain current knowledge of marketing strategies and trends.
- Keep commitments by delivering exceptional work on time and on budget.
- Bring enthusiasm and positive thinking to every opportunity.
- Write smart, engaging, strategic, insightful copy and lead conceptual development to provide creative solutions for projects in any medium, especially audio.
Contractor 30 hours a week
- 5-7 years of conceptual copywriting in an advertising agency, in-house advertising department, or for a broadcaster is required.
- Strong experience in scriptwriting/ideating creative audio and video content for broadcast is essential.
- Proven ability to conceive, write and execute commercial concepts that work in multiple mediums.
- Experience working with external vendors and setting production budgets and schedules with those resources.
- Possess strong time and team management skills.
- Must be friendly, assertive, open-minded and able to make quality driven decisions within a dynamic production environment.
- Participate and produce VO sessions.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with at least two commercial writing examples and two audio commercial examples, with at least one of the voices being yours. Any additional supporting materials welcome. Please reduce attachment file sizes or better yet provide a link to materials.