SCOUT is looking for a part-time Copywriter to join our Marketing Team. The Copywriter plays a crucial role in driving traffic and sales to our retail and wholesale websites, as well as communicating our brand values (active, fun, functional, authentic, and stylish) through language and creativity. From emails to catalogs, the Copywriter will collaborate with other members of the Marketing Team to articulate the benefits of SCOUT products to our customers and to craft inspiring, on-brand content across all channels. We anticipate this role will require about 10-20 hours per week of work and will be under the direction of the Web + Graphic Design Director.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Build upon and maintain our company’s Writing Guidelines and Copywriting Library, and ensure brand-voice consistency across all channels.
• Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. You will write clean, concise, well-polished copy that successfully communicates messages as outlined from marketing and business initiatives.
• Support the marketing team by writing content for e-mail campaigns, product descriptions, web pages, print marketing, internal content, and other initiatives.
• Own all aspects of creative copy development, including conceptualizing larger projects upfront, editing content produced by your teammates, maintaining consistency, communicating with team members on deadlines and deliverables, and final copy-editing prior to publishing.
Position Reports To:
Web + Graphic Design Director
• BA in Journalism, Communications, or related studies, or equivalent working experience
• 5+ years of relevant professional experience
• Preferred proximity to the District of Columbia, but open to a remote position
• Previous experience writing copy for a consumer products company or brand
• An attention to detail and excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Strong organizational abilities, including time and content management
• Ability to work efficiently both independently and collaboratively
• Interest in fashion, retail, customers, and consumer trends
• Experience working with a retail brand or ecommerce company
• An understanding of how copy impacts SEO
• Local or willing to travel occasionally
How to Apply:
Please apply on www.scoutbags.com/careers