A mid-size creative agency in DC is looking to engage a Graphic Designer in a part-time role starting on 9/25 and ending on or around 11/1. The creative agency we are supporting launched in 2016 and has been growing steadily.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has been supporting them throughout the last year, and two members of the team were previously Brainstorm clients elsewhere.
One of the assignment stakeholders has described the scope of work this way:
“We’d like to work with designer who can join our team at our office for a few weeks. We expect a lot of the projects the designer works on will be focused on designing materials for:
(1) events – signs, folders, backdrops, etc.
(2) digital display/social creative
(3) out-of-home creative
HOURS / LOCATION:
- Our has indicated they would like the designer to work each week, between Tuesday and Thursday, from 9/25 until 11/1.
- Also, they would like the designer to work on-site some Mondays and Fridays as follows: Friday September 28; Monday October 1; Friday October 5; Monday October 8.
- We are estimating daily work hours will be roughly 9am-5pm. We believe there will be some flexibility to start and end each work day earlier or later, if the designer chosen for the role requests some flexibility.
- The office is located in the NOMA neighborhood of DC, and is a half-mile walk from the NoMa-Gallaudet Metrorail station.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is offering a pay rate of between $45/hour and $65/hour. The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively.
However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced and appropriately qualified design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
Position Reports To:
Senior Art Director
- At least 3+ years of consistent experience working as a professional Graphic Designer. More would be great!
- BA or BFA or BS in Design is preferred.
- Previous experience in a creative agency setting is a plus.
- Online or PDF portfolio of work produced for internal/external clients, which includes numerous examples of projects you have completed that might be considered relevant to the position we are looking to fill.
- Examples that demonstrate your experience working on multi-channel campaigns are a plus.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Expert skills in Adobe Creative Suite applications, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Up-to-date on digital design and related technology trends.
- Capable of designing and collaborating on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a team of diverse individuals.
How to Apply:
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal, please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere, please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com.
Within our website you can click anywhere you see the “Find Work” buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you
- Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
- If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your “My Jobs” list.
- If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the “Apply For This Position” button.
- During the application process please make sure to:
- Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online)
- Upload a resume and cover letter
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.