The Senior Graphic & Web Designer is a team player who provides mentorship to junior design staff and assists in strategy and creative direction with clients and Account Managers. They must have an excellent understanding of layout, copy and color, and be proficient in creating complete working layouts in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and/or Keynote. Web knowledge should include HTML, CSS, and WordPress.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the Creative Services team with a positive work environment.
- Manages project timelines and budgets while working in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Monitors trends in design and appropriately applies knowledge and experience to increase the clients’ effectiveness in the market.
- Conceptualize, design, and create engaging, functional websites, and print publications.
- Ability to craft multi-channel campaigns across multiple platforms (Web, Print, Email, and Social Media).
- Ability to create and edit existing WordPress or HTML websites according to client’s specifications.
- Enrich user experiences through design implementation.
- Provide accurate time estimates on projects from concept to completion.
- Work collaboratively with creative staff on web, multi-channel, and print projects.
- Willing to put in additional hours as needed.
- Supports the sales team on presentations and client meetings.
- Remains attuned to design trends and technological advances.
Position Reports To:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- At least 5+ years in production, design, and/or creative departments.
- At least 2+ years working with HTML, CSS and/or WordPress.
- Prefer a four-year degree, however, will look at equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in Adobe CS required.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Experience in print and digital design with the use of social media in integrated marketing campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography, web standards, limitations, and usability.
- Must be flexible and team-oriented.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Must be able to mentor junior designers, and collaborate with the Creative Director on projects and client meetings.
How to Apply:
Apply: Please fax resume to Human Resources at 301-583-8379, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements and/or salary history when applying for the position.