MDB Communications is looking for a dynamic, motivated, team player to join its Public Relations and Media Strategy Practice as an associate. In this role, you will play an integral part in helping our clients advance their brands and initiatives by creating and executing integrated communications strategies.
Gone are the days when a traditional press release will help clients to achieve their goals. We take a different approach and combine earned, paid, and digital media strategies, as well as cultivating influencers, engaging key stakeholders, and executing events to drive success for our clients across various platforms.
Position Reports To:
Director of Public Relations and Media Strategy
- Manage execution of social media campaigns, as well as day-to-day online presence of clients and the agency.
- Help to create and execute integrated communications plans and events in collaboration with the team and clients.
- Assist with writing blogs, press releases, op-eds, newsletters, pitch emails, talking points, speeches, fact sheets, issue/initiative messaging, materials for media kits, etc.
- Develop relationships with print/broadcast media, online influencers, and key stakeholders, and maintain media lists and databases.
- Handle media monitoring and reporting.
- Break down complex information into easily digestible content such as infographics, fact sheets, or sound bites.
- Help to develop creative and tactical messaging for integrated communications campaigns.
- Manage interns -Assist Director of PR and Media Strategy with administrative duties
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in communications, marketing, advertising, or digital media strategy.
- Public relations agency, corporate communications, campaign or Hill experience preferred.
- Superior writer and editor with ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of digital media platforms and analytics.
- Strong Analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Organized individual with keen attention to detail and ability to independently manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
- Articulate individual with strong interpersonal skills, a good sense of humor, and positive go getter attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, WordPress or other website experience required.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in being part of a savvy, creative, and dedicated team, please submit your resume to email@example.com.