Reporting to the senior manager of marketing, the social media manager is responsible for the content, administration and analysis of all social networks for the Newseum and the Freedom Forum Institute. The position requires creativity, strong photo and video skills, and a solid background in social media strategy. The role requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work approximately 2-3 evenings or weekends per month. The position is responsible for detailed execution of numerous projects in a fast-paced environment that support various elements of the Newseum and Freedom Forum Institute businesses including exhibits, special events, thought-leadership, fundraising, education and the museum itself.
- Create and manage the content for 5+ social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Flickr.
- Create and manage a social media editorial calendar that highlights day-to-day social media activity, identifies exciting and engaging content to post, and ensures the museum maintains a robust schedule of social media activity 365 days a year.
- Respond in a timely manner to customer service issues, reviews and questions on social media.
- Work with departments across the organization to ensure all initiatives are being communicated effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the senior online producer and marketing team to monitor and grow web site traffic, keep the online calendar current, and generate content for the news section of the website.
- Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly reports that detail the growth of the Newseum and Freedom Forum Institute social media efforts.
- Contribute to the development and administration of the annual marketing plan, budget, advertising and special-event campaigns.
- Participate in, and contribute to, various strategy and creative sessions.
- Research new promotional opportunities and maintain a catalogue of prospective media and marketing partnerships.
- Support initiatives led by the Director of Group Sales and the Director of Public Relations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Reports To:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of professional social media experience, preferably in the attractions, tourism, travel or non-profit fields.
- Familiarity with AP style and exceptional writing/editing skills.
- Understanding of basic photo and video concepts.
- Familiarity with digital communications software including Sprout Social, Luminate and/or Dreamweaver preferred.
- Excellent project-management and organizational skills, with very strong attention to detail.
- An interest in current events/world news.
- Ability and willingness to take the initiative to tackle new assignments and meet tight deadlines with fast turnaround times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
How to Apply:
Apply (Directions/contact information for application, e.g. email address, fax number, mailing address, etc.):
Please send your cover letter, resume, and two references to: