Reporting to the senior marketing manager, the marketing coordinator is a member of a team with responsibilities that range across all aspects of the Newseum’s marketing, public relations, communications and sales initiatives. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for detailed execution of numerous projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment that support various elements of the Newseum business including advertising, special events, development, and the Freedom Forum Institute, the Newseum’s education and outreach partner. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Maintains the production schedule and job sheet on behalf of the marketing department ensuring content is submitted on-time, projects stay on schedule and deadlines are met.
- Assists with the development and execution of the annual marketing plan.
- Participates in and contributes to various strategy and creative sessions •Manages the department’s operational budget and billing.
- Manages the marketing department’s library of images, production files, printed materials and completed advertising and internal marketing initiatives.
- Coordinates collateral fulfillment for all internal departments.
- Supports initiatives led by the director of group sales and the director of public relations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Reports To:
- Bachelor’s degree and two to four years of professional marketing experience, preferably with an agency or in an attractions, tourism or entertainment field.
- Excellent project-management and organizational skills, with very strong attention to detail.
- Experience with invoicing and managing large budgets.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, tackle new assignments and meet tight deadlines with fast turnaround times.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs. Experience with CRM software a plus.
How to Apply:
Apply (Directions/contact information for application, e.g. email address, fax number, mailing address, etc.):
Please send your cover letter, resume, and two references by June 15, 2018 to:email@example.com