World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Web Production and Research Intern.
Contributes to the development of WWF’s website and mobile applications to educate the general public about WWF’s work, increase engagement and action, and raise unrestricted funds for the organization by creating new web pages, updating existing pages, running analytics reports, and conducting SEO research.
Additional research project to help the public learn about all the ways they can engage with WWF and find the one best suited to them. The candidate will be responsible for conducting independent research and data collection that includes, but is not limited to, compiling examples of industry best practices, conducting internal in-person interviews, and comparing website analytical data to establish current trends and predict future behavior.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to day-to-day maintenance of WWF’s website, worldwildlife.org
- Monitor and handle website production requests with internal clients and outside vendors. Provide weekly updates to internal clients on request status and expected delivery dates.
- Work collaboratively with communications staff to determine and meet the web communication needs of WWF.
- Conduct and compile independent research as requested
- Conduct SEO research to find new content opportunities related to WWF’s work.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position Reports To:
- One year of website development experience or equivalent education required.
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS for building web content.
- Basic understanding of Web analytics.
- Ability to learn and adapt to various Content Management Systems.
- Strong knowledge of SEO and related tools including Google Adwords’ Keyword Planner
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues.
- Understanding of responsive web design.
- Understanding of web design best practices and ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Ability to work on small teams and with non-technical clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort working in an open and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, and manage one’s time
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of web standards and accessibility
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume & cover letter through our Careers page.
* Please note that WWF does not provide VISA sponsorship to interns
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.