The social media specialist works in cooperation with LeapFrog Solutions (LFS) account executives to direct and coordinate assigned projects. This position requires a mid-level social media specialist with some experience in Public Affairs/Relations. Seeking 2-4 years of experience. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Position is located in Fairfax, VA.
Strategy: This task will involve creation/development of a social media strategy and an action plan.
- Respond to and create new posts for client across social media channels.
- Assist in the creation of a set of social media standards and guidelines for the department.
- Assist in the creation of an editorial calendar.
Content Management: This task will involve daily updates including long format feature stories and near real time uploads for timely/breaking stories. Specialist will:
- Manage the content on the following platforms: Twitter using HootSuite, Facebook, YouTube, NextDoor, Instagram, and WordPress
- Repackage content from press releases and other sources to form accurate reporting on events and activities.
- Pull images from PA sources and/or existing library.
- Update content on the blog using WordPress.
- Copy edit all content.
- Able to modify basic graphics to reflect a consistent brand.
- Create and schedule weekend content for social media.
- Incorporate feedback on posts to inform action by client including a daily list of feedback/action items from SM audiences.
Metrics and Measurement: This task will involve in-depth analysis of all SM platforms working independently and together.
- Pull regular statistics and analytics from each platform.
- Analyze quantitative metrics including: post timing, successful posts vs unsuccessful, and types of audiences.
- Measure trends over time.
- Recommend changes based on data to improve social media approach.
Position Reports To:
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years direct professional experience posting, measuring and reporting social media.
- 4-year College degree required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organized with an attention to detail, deadlines, and budgets.