The Senior Account Executive will focus primarily on the management of government accounts. As a Senior Account Executive, you will fill essential roles.
Interpreter: translating client wishes into creative language;
Ambassador: serving as a liaison between the client and the agency;
Leader: keeping the team on track and guiding the creative process;
Organizer: keeping client contracts up to date and establishing organizational methods for the team.
- Manage strategic communications and marketing campaign projects to include communications planning, discovery and research, branding, website design, interactive and social media initiatives, print design, and public relations.
- Write substantive content for products ranging from overviews, brochures, resource catalogs to infographics, newsletters, bulletins, and more.
- Set and adhere to deadlines and manage deadlines and due dates of and for clients.
- Maintain effective client relationships through proactive management.
- Schedule, manage, and facilitate client and internal meetings.
- Report project status, including schedule, costs, risks, resources, and client satisfaction.
- Perform quality control and assure overall quality of work products.
- Prepare and deliver client and internal presentations.
- Mentor and manage junior staff.
- Develop new business and expand business within existing accounts.
Position Reports To:
Director of Account Services -Exempt status
- Five-plus years of experience in project management, program management, or account management in the strategic or marketing communications industry in both the public and private sectors.
- Seven-plus years of experience in communications planning, discovery and research, branding, website design, interactive and social media initiatives, print design, and public relations production.
- General consulting experience, including critical thinking, analysis, and planning.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and accounts.
- Superior writing, research, and oral presentation skills.
- Experience with managing internal creative, digital, and strategic communications teams, as well as external vendors and freelance consultants.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or related field.
- Multitasker, team player, personable, and goal-driven.
- Detailed-oriented, deadline-driven, budget-conscious, and customer-focused.
- Flexible and organized with a positive, can-do attitude.