Washington, DC or NYC
(Duties, responsibilities, and requirements):
BrandLinkDC is looking for a talented storyteller to join our public relations team. Someone who loves the constantly exciting pace of agency life. A voracious reader whose curiosity never subsides, who is equal parts left brain and right. One who constantly looks for the story like a journalist and the hook like a marketer. Sound familiar? Then this could be the perfect place for you.
We’re looking for a candidate with 7+ years of public relations agency experience developing and executing public relations strategies for national accounts. Reporting to the VP of Public Relations, this role requires a PR pro that can manage a team as well as a portfolio of high-profile accounts.
Someone who can sniff out the big stories, cultivate client relationships, and comes with a wealth of longstanding editorial relationships.
- Provide strategic public relations counsel to leaders in real estate, hospitality and consumer lifestyle segments
- Develop and establish a good working relationship with clients and interact with them via in person, phone and/or email meetings to ensure all clients are kept informed of new developments and progress
- Proactively identify, create, pitch and follow up on media opportunities to garner national and regional earned media coverage that meets client goals
- Create communications materials including brand strategies, press releases and media messages
- Analyze, measure and report on communications and media projects
Position Reports To:
VP Public Relations
(Skills, experience, education):
- 7+ years of public relations agency experience developing and executing public relations strategies for national accounts
- Ability to provide essential support for press initiatives including media and client management, and strategy development
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills -Must be creative thinker with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in high-intensity environments, and thrive in fast-paced and deadline-oriented environments
- Proven relationships with existing media contacts in national and regional markets
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply:
How to Apply (Directions/contact information for application, e.g. email address, fax number, mailing address, etc.): Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org