Washington, DC or NYC
BrandLinkDC is hiring a Business Development Manager to join our growing team and to help maximize the rising interest in BrandLinkDC’s unique approach and successful agency model. This is not a traditional sales job, as we are not a traditional agency. We are looking for someone who is obsessed with creating long-term meaningful client relationships and not just hitting short-term sales goals.
The Business Development Manager will oversee business development initiatives from the opportunity phase through the contract phase. The BD Manager will work closely with the VP of Marketing and Co-CEO to develop strategy, create proposals and maintain communications with prospective clients. The BD Manager will be given quotas and new client acquisition targets, and will work closely with internal teams from each department to craft customized proposals and improve outreach strategy. This candidate will be required to develop a deep understanding of BrandLink’s core values and mission in order to identify the ideal new business targets.
The successful candidate will be motivated by a passion for our success, our client’s success, and their unique role in driving the agency forward.
- Work closely with internal teams to identify, cultivate, pursue, negotiate and close new opportunities who fit our ideal client profile.
- Research targeted markets and potential opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate key targets to identify needs, educate, and influence decisions.
- Develop and deliver custom proposals and presentations.
- Work with internal teams to pull strategic accounts forward.
- Achieve goals within targeted companies and accurately forecast and maintain records of new business efforts.
Position Reports To:
CEO and VP Marketing
(Skills, experience, education):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of sales and/or marketing experience with a preferred focus on consumer products
- Proven client relationship management experience, including experience building a pipeline and the ability to formalize relationships with executives and entrepreneurs at all levels -A track record of success in building relationships and networks at all levels, not just meeting sales goals
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit and highly self-driven sense of motivation -Willingness to travel, as needed
How to Apply:
(Directions/contact information for application, e.g. email address, fax number, mailing address, etc.): Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com