The Gigawatt Group, a boutique creative strategy group based in Washington, DC is looking for a UI/UX Developer/Designer to help us create meaningful experiences for our clients. Responsible for contributing to the full design cycle: brainstorming, researching, wireframing, prototyping and working with developers to take designs from pixel-perfect mocks to a working product, you should be someone who cares deeply about design and are eager to master your skills in a fast-paced environment. You should also possess strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and design with an understanding of accepted UX process standards – enough to selectively and creatively abandon them.
- A strong eye for design with the ability to make complex things simple and intuitive.
- Highly motivated and enjoys collaborating with a quirky and fun team.
- Experience working in a professional setting as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Experience working under a deadline.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels.
- Capacity to own and drive the design process by defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and learn quickly.
- Interest in expanding upon and using your skill sets in other creative areas (i.e. animation, VR, gaming etc.).
- Ability to take direction and think objectively about your work.
- Tenacious, humble, honest and brings a fun and positive perspective to add to our (sometimes silly) team of individuals.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project managers and engineers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Design graphic user interface elements.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites look and function.
- Create original graphic designs. (e.g. logos, icons)
- Prepare and present drafts to internal and external teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to style standards – fonts, colors and images.
- Design supporting brand and marketing collateral for The Gigawatt Group.
- Lend your expertise and ideas to new Gigawatt Group ventures, new business and internal culture.
Position Reports To:
- Portfolio of design projects.
- Knowledge of wireframe and mockup tools. (e.g. Adobe XD and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
- Able to stay on task working autonomously.
- Able to work both as part of a team and independently, and to manage complex and simultaneous projects.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com.