CHIEF’s copywriters craft compelling content that motivates audiences across a diverse portfolio and range of industries. Our copywriters drive written content from concept to execution, leveraging brainstorming, storytelling and collaboration skills—in addition to traditional writing skills—along the way. The incumbent will support a variety of agency and client copywriting needs from paid media campaigns and brand positioning to web and social media, as well as other content deliverables.
- Work with clients to fully understand their mission, target demographics, unique value proposition and goals, and develop audience-appropriate copy for digital and traditional media campaigns, web and social media platforms and other creative assets.
- Research, conceptualize, draft and proof all levels of copy.
- Design results-oriented editorial content, marketing and media plans and/or calendars.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and trends in content and marketing including social media and advertising platforms, search engine optimization, user experience and plain language.
- Monitor and engage in client-related online conversations, identifying opportunities for engagement, and maintaining brand awareness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams as appropriate including design, development, user experience, and project management.
- Be ready to travel, should the need arise, to meet with clients, stakeholders or off-site personnel.
Position Reports To:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Ability to present in front of clients.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently as well as collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Management skills to handle multiple simultaneous projects at once.
- Ability to approach the process of writing differently (in terms of speed, rounds of editing, etc.) depending on the deadline and stylistic need of the task.
- Ability to learn new products, user communities, and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, social sciences, English, or related field.
- 2-4 years demonstrated experience in marketing communications, public relations, or advertising fields.
- Agency or consulting experience not required, but preferred.
- Experience working on government contracts not required, but preferred.
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through the CHIEF career page.