A Washington, DC-based grassroots advocacy organization that works to facilitate the eradication of breast cancer is looking to engage a career freelance Graphic Designer in a part-time assignment that will require an on-site commitment of between 14 and 28 hours each week. They are hoping to identify a highly experienced designer with a broad variety of print and interactive design skills, and a portfolio that clearly demonstrates the designer’s breadth and depth of experience.
This will be an ongoing assignment; it does not have a set end date. We expect the assignment to continue for the foreseeable future. There may be an opportunity to work beyond 24 hours some weeks, and it is possible that additional hours above and beyond the base on-site commitment could be worked remotely. The weekly on-site requirement is non-negotiable, so this opportunity is not a fit for designers who are only interested in working remotely.
The organization is well respected and well organized – with hundreds of member organizations and tens of thousands of individuals working together toward a common goal. A Senior Designer recommended by Brainstorm Creative Resources previously supported this organization for more than six years, first as a temporary employee and then as full-time staff.
Design projects will include a mix of print and online requirements. Some examples: invites and flyers; external communications products; website updates and banner ads; basic website content management; light video editing and basic motion graphics.
HOURS / LOCATION:
This is a part-time, on-site design position offering between 16 and 24 hours of work each week. Our client is not requiring a set schedule; they will be happy to offer reasonable scheduling flexibility. However, they do want work to be done on-site at their easily accessible offices – which are a short walk from several downtown Metrorail stops.
Brainstorm Creative Resources can offer a rate of between $40 and $65/hr. We believe this range accurately reflects the experience level and likely project mix discussed elsewhere in this job description. The rate offered could be higher or lower than that which is advertised here. It will be commensurate with experience and market norms and based in large part on interview outcomes.
Position Reports To:
Director of Marketing
* Demonstrable proficiency using the current or most recent version of the Adobe Creative Suite.
* One or both of the following: (1) a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design; (2) at least five-years of ongoing, professional experience working as a titled Graphic Designer or similar, in a corporate, non-profit or marketing/ad agency setting. We are definitively setting the minimum experience bar at five-years. But we are interested in talking with appropriately skilled designers who may be anywhere else along the experience spectrum from Graphic Designer all the way up to Creative Director.
* A portfolio that includes a mix of samples which reflect the variety of your skills/experiences and the potential variety of projects outlined elsewhere in this job description.
How to Apply:
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com.
Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity."
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal
(including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.