The Senior Strategist is an integral part of our account management, new business and strategic consulting services in our DC office.
Your role has three major components:
– Account Supervision: Our project coordinators report directly to you. You will ensure our processes are maintaining tight quality control, attentiveness to client needs and a focus on long-term relationship and account growth. You will take a heavier oversight role on our more important accounts while keeping abreast of our smaller projects and stepping in when needed to help keep them on track.
– Business Strategy: You will collaborate closely with the Partners to help define and execute our new business and marketing strategy including defining how we brand ourselves, the markets and opportunities we pursue, the processes and tools we use to facilitate new business and the evolution of our resources and staffing to adapt to the changing market.
– Communications Consulting: You will contribute your communications acumen and strategic direction on a billable basis for some of our accounts, helping guide communications planning for integrated marketing and advocacy campaigns and running human centered design workshops with our clients and broader team.
You will directly report to the Managing Partner and manage our Coordinators, while helping to build on existing processes to help us mature as we continue to grow. Your performance will be measured by our ability to maintain and grow existing relationships, find new accounts, maximize our profitability on a per project basis and by the quality of your contributions as a strategic thinker.
Position Reports To:
As an ideal candidate, you are a tremendous big picture thinker while capable of rolling up your sleeves and jumping into the nitty gritty of a project. You inspire those that work under you to produce their best work, giving them proper guidance while letting them have their own voice and promoting a truly collaborative team setting. You bring fresh, forward thinking ideas and develop executable plans to accomplish those ideas, accounting for constraints and risks. You are incredibly entrepreneurial and treat the business as if it's your own (knowing that with superb performance comes future growth potential). And you are a masterful communicator, both verbally and in writing, able to compel both our clients and our internal team to buy into your vision.
- Must have a B.S. / B.A. in a related field.
- Must have at least 5 years of professional marketing experience with a strong preference for agency experience. We want applicants who understand first hand the speed and nature of doing work for an eclectic mix of clients.
- Must provide case studies that demonstrate your contributions to developing successful multi channel communications campaigns.
- Must be able to work full time out of our office in Washington, DC and occasional travel for client meetings, conferences and to meet with our Tucson team.
How to Apply:
Email your LinkedIn profile or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.