BlueShark Digital is looking to hire a Senior Interactive Designer into a full-time position. We are a legal marketing agency that works with firms throughout the nation with a true start-up feel and a dynamic team, interested in achieving goals all while having a little fun. We provide a collaborative and fast-paced environment conducive to creative growth and continued success for our clients.
The Senior Interactive Designer will create and manage the conception and production of compelling and innovative designs for mobile-friendly websites, for a rapidly growing client base. A thorough understanding of UI design and UX experience is necessary. Portfolios must demonstrate ingenuity, originality, thoughtfulness and versatility across a range of mediums and applications — and highlight work that brings strategic design and marketing concepts to life. A demonstrable understanding of mobile design is a necessity. SEO knowledge a plus.
- Manage, inspire and motivate a team of off-site designers.
- Manage progress of design/development of multiple websites.
- Create concepts and designs for websites and mobile interfaces.
- Review and improve upon designs submitted by external vendors.
- Produce designs for identity systems, ads, websites, displays, signage, and more.
- Collaborate with remotely located designers, developers and marketing specialists.
- Manage image selection.
- Produce design specification/style guides (graphics and writing).
- Flat (i.e. traditional print) design work, signage and brochure design work will also be required occasionally.
- Research and discover new design trends and technologies.
- Continuously challenge and push yourself as a designer.
This is a full-time, staff position. All work will be done at our offices, which are located in Bethesda and are convenient to Metrorail and Metrobus. Individuals who apply, and who are interested in working part-time or from a remote location (home, etc.), will not be considered for the position.
We believe that we will identify the right person for the job within the $60K to $85K salary range. The actual salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. We strive to offer highly competitive compensation. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to offer the highest salary referenced in this job description to earlier career applicants. Alternatively, highly experienced design professionals can expect compensation near the top of or possibly even above the advertised range.
Position Reports To:
- At least 3 years of ongoing, consistent, professional experience producing original designs for interactive spaces.
- Experience creating work for a wide range of clients (rather than just one), industries and applications is a plus.
- Legitimate and demonstrable user experience (UX) AND user interface design (UI)experience.
- An “eagle eye” attention to detail.
- Experience managing other designers.
- Experience reviewing and critiquing designs as well as suggest revisions and updates.
- Direct client interaction and project management experience.
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proactive communication & collaboration habits.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy, hard-working, and ability to juggle multiple priorities at once.
- A positive attitude.
- Experience with logo & identity development and collateral systems.
- Thorough knowledge of print and digital processes and best practices.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite Tools, including PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The desire and self-motivation to progress in your career, as both a designer and a leader.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your (1) cover letter, (2) resume, (3) references and (4) links to online UI and UX work examples to email@example.com. Please include: “Senior Interactive Designer / job # 1303” in the subject line of your e-mail.