This is an exciting open opportunity for a full-time Design Strategist to be an integral part of a dynamic creative team at Maga Design, a premier visual information design firm.
Maga Design Inc. is a design communications consultancy, headquartered in Washington, DC with additional locations in San Francisco, Charleston, and Camp Hill, PA. We are strategists, designers, and communication experts committed to building powerful visual tools that inform and inspire stakeholders to work toward the success of their organization. Maga Design is a 2016 Davey Award winner and a three-time recipient of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Visit www.magadesign.com for more information.
The ideal candidate is a ‘whole-brain thinker’ where a background in technology projects is balanced with experience in communications or graphic design. The Design Strategist should be able to quickly adapt to new types of projects, represent our team with a customer service attitude, and manage the projects to successful completion. The position will conduct requirements gathering, group facilitation, and assistance in visual translation of complex concepts. Maga seeks a candidate with high energy who will fit in among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy, and fun professionals. This position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a fast-growing company and work with an influential team.
- Gather high level requirements for visual artifacts and find new ways to represent and communicate information
- Facilitate small working groups/sessions with clients in a unique and fun atmosphere to collect requirements and information
- Create visual and written communications to support change management initiatives
- Work with the design studio to conceptualize and execute visual design artifacts
- Support and develop executive presentations and major project milestones
Position Reports To:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Business, IT, Design or Design Management
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Experience in information design/design strategy a plus
- Excellent client-facing skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong knowledge in principles of graphic design, information layout, and presentation
- Ability to collaborate productively in large interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to multi-task, take on several projects, meet deadlines, organize, and communicate effectively
- Proven project management track record demonstrating that engagements were delivered on-time and within budget
- Comfortable facilitating groups of/working closely with executive level clients and Subject Matter Experts
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, comfort with Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Knowledge or experience working with government clients and/or with Information Technology projects and workflows is a plus
Qualified candidates should submit their resume, a short cover letter to include salary requirements, and any relevant portfolio materials or work samples.
How to Apply:
Please apply directly by using this link.