Washington, DC (and Alexandria, VA)
Account Executive works closely with the Partner and Creative Director to manage the Account Team in planning and executing advertising, branding, PR, community/business outreach, social networking, mobile/digital and communications campaigns on behalf of DC/NOVA-based clients.
- Execute advertising, branding and strategic marketing plans.
- Review, understand and apply client and industry market research.
- Participate and execute social networking/social media strategies (where needed).
- Help to develop out-of-the-box marketing strategies for progressive clients.
- Day-to-day client management and ongoing relationship with client(s).
- Management of marketing/advertising budget/estimate and timeline/due dates.
- Present creative ideas to clients, as well as present client needs to creative, media or traffic/production departments including development of creative briefs.
- Assist client with putting advertising/marketing/outreach decisions into action.
- Maintain regular and consistent contact with clients and account team.
- Seek growth of existing accounts as well as the creation of new client accounts.
- Develop a close working relationship with key client staff.
- Coordinate and manage activities related to research, public relations, and community outreach efforts.
- Work on other Agency accounts as assigned or needed.
- Alert Partner/Pulsar senior leadership about issues, delays in meeting client deadlines, or problems involving client relations.
- Support and assist with new business efforts.
Position Reports To:
BS/BA degree in advertising, marketing, PR, journalism, communications, or other applicable discipline. A minimum of three to five years of experience with a marketing agency (preferably at the Account Executive level) and experience in transportation,
travel/tourism, environment, or state/local agencies a definite plus. Experience with the same client over a two- to three-year period (i.e., experience with a single client over an extended period of time). Demonstrated ability to organize and manage a number of client projects at the same time. An ability to learn quickly and work independently is essential. Clear, accurate and concise writing skills, as well as the ability to present creative concepts with confidence and polish are necessary. Experience with social/digital/mobile, print and broadcast media campaigns, integration of non-traditional marketing elements, market research projects, public relations programs, direct marketing, web development, and strategic planning is a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required. Individual must have ability to self-manage and work independently. Familiarity in working with senior business executives, government, and private officials preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and salary history to: email@example.com.